Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Sine-Cosine, Sorta.

I've resolved to update this space more regularly even though nobody might visit. It's still my space, so I'll write whenever the feel for it comes by.

Just a quick heads up, I think I messed up big time at SPH's interview session last Friday. I'd be lying if I say I didn't feel a wee bit defeated even before I made my way there. It was my fourth trip there and I couldn't help it, really.

What makes me think that the print side would want me when I don't even have any experience in print? After all, the digital side didn't pick me even when I've got some solid articles to show. Rational and logical calculations aside, it's no wonder that I felt crappy even before the interview ended. And I'm pretty sure the interviewers felt those defeated vibe wafting out of me profusely. I wouldn't blame them for being confused for the (kinda) desperate me even threw out a crazy suggestion on the interview floor.

Ugh. Why is it so difficult to be a beauty writer? :(

Truth be told, I hate interviews.
Interviews suck.
They almost always make me feel like dump.

.
.
.

On a brighter note, I'm still alive and still looking around for opportunities in the most unlikely of places. The thought of just signing on with the armed forces popped up in my head, in case you're wondering. They pay pretty well, too! But I don't suppose I'm at that stage where I'm ready to give up my freedom, pretty clothes and pink IC to battle bugs, lizards and whatever other unfriendly creatures that are out there in the wild yet.

Anyhow, I felt strangely excited when I finally took a leap of faith and applied to be a teacher. I've never considered teaching as a career path that I'd embark on so I really really don't know where that excitement stemmed from! It sounds nice if I can impact on others' lives positively though. Ah, that Aquarius trait in me.

Alright, I'm getting out of here! Gonna grab dinner with daddy soon and exercise. Will try to sleep early tonight since I gotta be up crazy early tomorrow. DXO's psychometric test starts too early?


Love,
Denise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home